• Fully ground HSS M2 material increases drill life
• Titanium Nitride coating reduces heat and increases lubricity for extended life
• 135º Split Point cuts faster and reduces wandering
The flute form, web thickness and split point of the standard Alpha drills are suitable for most materials forming fine chips. For effective drilling, the rigidity of the drilland work piece are most important. The shorter the flute length the more rigid the drill. Long drills must be adequately supported to reduce vibration.
The following are important in drill use :
• Clamp the work piece securely
• Select the correct speed and feed
• Use an appropriate coolant or lubricant
• Ensure the shank is securely held. Aviod using worn drill chucks as the drill may slip during use.
• Regrind the point or replace the drill before it dulls, do not force a worn drill.
• When deep hole drilling, withdraw frequently to clear the chips ( deep holes start at 4X the diameter)
• For stainless steel, manganese and high tensile steels, do not allow the drill to swell as it will cause work-hardening. Use a slower speed and heavier feed for these materials.